Jimmy’s Main Points
- Stretched to the Limit
- Giver or the Gift?
- Promise Renewed
- Give your unpolished thoughts about the story in Genesis 22. Have you de-sensitized yourself from this ‘obscene’ story?
- Have there been/Are there things that God has asked you to do that seem to contradict his promise? How did you/are you reconcile/reconciling these ‘contradictions?’
- Do your words bore God? Reflect on and share a time when your faith in action delighted God.
- Jimmy asked, ‘Do I love the gifts more than I love the Giver?’ Spend some time discussing this and the following statement: What God does for us cannot replace who he is to us.
- Have you ever had one of those ‘riding a roller coaster blind’ times in your life?
- In what areas of your life do you need to know ‘The eternal, enduring God?’
- Compare and contrast Genesis 22 with John 3:16
- Meditate on Hebrews 11
- Watch The Passion of The Christ