Jimmy’s Main Points
- Picking Up My Pen
- A Slow Work
- One of the main points in this sermon was that Jacob tried to write his own story and so do we. Do you agree with this assessment? In what ways do you write your own story?
- In what ways do you use the word ‘influence’ to describe a particular action in your life that may more appropriately fall under the word ‘manipulation?’
- Spend some time talking about Laban and Jacob’s relationship/interaction. What does this add to the story and The Story? How might this impact your story?
- What is the significance of the name change from Jacob to Israel?
- If you have put your trust in Jesus Christ and his work on the cross, the Bible says that you have had a name change as well. How does this name change impact you? Your family? Your workplace? Your neighborhood?
- This story is all about transformation. Spend some time talking about your expectations for transformation in your own lives? Loved ones? Talk about wins, losses, plans, etc.
- Read Instruments in the Redeemer’s Hands by Paul David Tripp
- Ask someone who knows you to honestly tell you areas in which there has been transformation in your life. Areas where transformation is needed.
- Meditate on Romans 5 and compare and contrast ‘in Adam’ with ‘in Christ’