Main Points of Jimmy’s Sermon
- Remembering God, Knowing Who They Are
- Long Look at Obedience
- Chief Among Sins
- What is the difference in calling Moses the Great Law-Teller rather than the Great Law-Giver?
- We celebrated communion today. Where does ‘remembrance’ come into the equation as you partake in this ordinance?
- What is it that you remember about God’s work in your life?
- How does remembering help you respond? Or does it?
- Talk about the word relationship. How does this word impact our relationship with the Law?
- Talk about the word reveal. How does this word interact with the people of God?
- What benefit from God are you most likely to keep to yourself?
- Have you ever made audacious promises to God?
- Did this sermon make you think differently about obedience? If so, how?
- Memorize 1 Peter 2:9-12
- Read Five Views on the Law & Gospel by Walt Kaiser
- If you are a person that tends towards perfectionsim and rules; memorize and meditate on Matthew 11:28