- Years 2-40 of the Exodus
- Two generations
- Chapters 1-10 prepares them for a move and a battle; trip should have taken eleven days
Jimmy’s Main Points:
- Moving On
- It Doesn’t Take Long
- Vanishing Act
- What has the road of life exposed about your heart?
- What do you find yourself complaining about most?
- Give some concrete examples of how you rationalize your complaints.
- Was God’s anger towards the Israelites in Numbers 11-12 justified? Why or why not?
- What area(s) of your life could be ‘graves of craving’?
- In what ways are you like an Israelite?
- How is your past a snare in your spiritual growth?
- Spend a week writing down and verbalizing specific people and things for which you are thankful.
- Read Psalm 106 every day for a week.
- Keep a list of cravings that compete with your satisfaction in Christ.
Think About It
- Cravings promise something
- God promises us everything in Christ.
- Faith in Christ is trusting his promises more than the promises that cravings give.
- God is not safe; but he is good.