Main Points of Jimmy’s Sermon:
- What God Asks
- How We Respond
- What God Provides
- What is it that God asks of you today?
- What do you think God owes you?
- How does Deuteronomy 9 address the previous question?
- What condition do you put on your love towards God?
- Where does emotion enter into your definition of loving God/Jesus?
- Interact with Jimmy’s assertion that biblical love is self-sacrifice and deals with the center/motive of the person. How does this gel with the view of love as passion?
- Where is your stubborn self-centeredness covering your self-sacrificial love?
- Read The Joy of Fearing God by Jerry Bridges
- Think back on 2012, list all of the things that God has provided for you and your family.
- If you journal, look back and notice ways that God provided for you physically, emotionally and spiritually.