Jimmy’s Main Points
- Strange Preparations
- God’s Commitment
- Knowing the Real Enemy
- Jimmy talked about defining moments. As you look back, what are some defining moments in your life individually? For your family? For your community?
- How is trusting sometimes harder than conflict?
- Spend some time talking about God’s strange preparations for his people before entering into the land.
- What do you think about the angel of the LORD saying that he was for the LORD rather than Israel or her enemies?
- How is Joshua like Moses? How is he unlike Moses?
- How is Jesus like Moses and Joshua? How is he unlike Moses and Joshua?
- How are we like Jesus? How are we unlike him?
- Jimmy suggests that the real enemy that needs to be destroyed is the one within. Spend some time agreeing or disagreeing with this statement.
- Read Is God a Moral Monster? By Paul Copan