Jimmy’s Main Points
- Failure to Communicate
- Downward Spiral
- A Flawed Deliverer
- Jimmy suggested that the Israelites never looked deeply inside themselves to see what they fear the most. When you look inside yourself, what do you fear the most?
- What would it look like for you to pass on your trust in Jesus Christ to the next generation?
- Discuss the difference between returning to God to experience the good life as opposed to returning to God to experience God.
- Spend some time talking about Gideon’s perception that if God were with us, life would be good (Judges 6:13). Did you/Do you have this mindset when life is not going well? What is the corrective?
- What do you think about the judges/deliverers? How do they bother you? How do they give you comfort?
- Define the good life. Do you agree with Jimmy that one of our biggest fears is losing the good life? Why or why not?