When everything is moving at once, nothing appears to be moving, as on board ship. When everyone is moving towards depravity, no one seems to be moving, but if someone stops he shows up the others who are rushing on, by acting as a fixed point
Jimmy’s Main Points
- Dark Days
- Light in the Darkness
- Significant Birth
- Spend some time talking about the setting for Ruth. How does this correspond to Pascal’s quote (above)?
- Is Ruth the main character of this book? If not, who is and why?
- Are there some areas in your life where you have stood as a fixed point?
- How is bitterness a part of this story? God’s Story? Your story?
- How is the kinsman-redeemer a part of this story? How is the Kinsman-Redeemer a part of your story?
- What do long to see, that right now, you take by faith?
- How do each of the characters in Ruth tell us something about God? In the story of your life, what are you saying about God?