Dave’s Main Points
- Setting the Stage
- A Crisis Moment
- A Remarkable Resolution
- A Hidden but Active God
- The story of Esther is about voluntary captives in Babylon.
- At this point and time the Jewish captives had lost their identity and looked exactly like their captors, the Babylonians.
- What surprised you about Esther?
- What surprised you about the story of Esther?
- Esther 3 is a re-enactment of 1Samuel 15 (Agag/Saul & Haman/Mordechai).
- How do you respond to the truth that the people of God are constantly threatened throughout the story of God?
- Have you or one of your family members/friends had a ‘for such a time as this…’ moment?
- Discuss a time, when you look back at it, can only be explained by God’s activity.
- Read Philippians 2 and compare the themes of shame and exaltation with the story of Esther.
- Think about how the story of Esther is relevant to today with its hidden activity of God. How does this discourage and/or encourage you?