Jimmy’s Main Points
- Kingdom in Need of Help
- Reformer’s Voice
- Finding Real Power
- The lives of Elijah and Obadiah are contrasting pictures of faithful men. Which one of these men do you identify with? Is this an encouragement or discouragement?
- How do you react to this statement from Jimmy, “If God is sovereign, it is up to him how my life unfolds?”
- Why is it dangerous to compare your story with other’s stories?
- Is there a time in your life when you believed the threat over the promise of the invisible presence of God?
- Read Hebrews 11:32-38, what is it that each of the people in this list have in common? What is different? How does this section of Scripture help you in the struggle of your life?
- God was patient with Elijah, giving him exactly what he needed at the perfect time (Read 1 Kings 19:4-18, especially vss. 5 & 18). Share a time when God demonstrated his perfect, patient, providence in your life.
- Remember that the experiences of believers varies greatly in the Kingdom of God. God is calling us to be faithful in the very time and place he has placed us.
- Finally, compare Obadiah’s situation with that of Esther’s. What are the similarities? How do each of these encourage you?