Jimmy’s Main Points
- Final Bright Spot
- How do feel when you are in the midst of a dark day?
- What is your response to the truth that God’s love is always the initiating love in our relationship with him?
- Think about exile as it unfolds in the narrative of the Bible. How does this fit in with your story?
- In what ways do you struggle with the culture you live in?
- Do you believe that you can live outside of God’s design and still experience satisfaction in life?
- How has exile in your life demonstrated God’s love for you?
- Which lie do believe brings life?
- Has there been a time in your life when you thought God was done with you?
- What is the purpose of the Josiah in the Big Story of the Bible?
- Speak about some ‘bright spots’ in your story. With the benefit of hindsight, share why they were there at that specific time and manner.
- How do you respond to the culture that seems in opposition to God’s Kingdom?
- How does the fact that the promise of Jeremiah 29:11 is given in the context (vss. 1-9) of lasting exile impact you? How about in the context of The New Covenant of Jeremiah 34:12ff?