Jimmy’s Main Points
- Willingness Exemplified
- Giver Not the Gift
- A Generous God
- Begin and end your time together reading the prayer in 1 Chronicles 29:10-16.
- Spend some time talking about the differences in the telling of David’s story in Samuel and Chronicles. How does this challenge/encourage you as a follower of Christ?
- Have you ever had a time in your life, like David, in which you were not allowed to do something that you really wanted to do? See 1 Chronicles 28:2
- How have you dealt with disappointment in your life? Have you experienced any change in your responses as a follower of Jesus Christ?
- Read the end of 2 Kings 20. Do you have the attitude that Hezekiah displayed when confronted with disappointing news?
- How did David go from the disappointment of 1 Chronicles 28:2 to the generous support in 29:2-3? Think about situations in which you have the opportunity to respond like David.
- Share a time in which someone in your life led by example? Dream of a way you can do this in some sphere of of your life.
- Giving is always about transformation, not transaction. In the eyes of God, it is never a number. It is always about the heart. WOW. Meditate on this truth. Spend some time sharing your joys and fears that go with these statements.
- God leads by example in his selfless generosity. We are closest to God when we demonstrate selfless generosity.