Ken’s Main Points
- What Is It?
- Why Does It Matter?
- How Do I Get It?
- What is your general understanding of the purpose of the book of Proverbs?
- How have you used Proverbs in the spiritual formation of your life and/or children’s lives?
- Identify the voices that you hear on a daily basis that conflict with the voice of Wisdom.
- What is wisdom? Why does it matter? How do you go about getting it?
- How is wisdom related to moral knowledge?
- In which areas of your life do you feel that you’ve applied wisdom consistently? I which areas is it hardest to apply?
- Ken was very clear that Wisdom is a type (shadow, pattern) of Christ, much like Isaac and ram in Genesis 22 are types of Christ. What is the benefit of understanding Wisdom as she is presented in Proverbs 8 as a type of Christ? What is/are the danger/s?
- What did you think of the understanding of the Fear of the Lord to mean having a fear from the Lord so that we will not run away from him to anything for refuge, hope, joy or hope? Ken illustrated this with the fear parents instill in their children concerning strangers. Does this help you understand and apply the Fear of the Lord?